Friday, May 30, 2014

May Blog Hop with Practical Scrappers


Good morning!!  Ready for a fun Scrap Your Stash Blog Hop?  I know that I sure am!



Practical Scrappers closed up shop on regular posts effective Mid May - but we will continue to run monthly hops because it is well loved by both our designers and fans!

For this hop, there is only rule:  to create from your stash - it can be anything...cards, layouts, pocket pages, etc. All of the designers have truly unique creations.  You should be arriving here from Laura's blog - if not, then head back to the Practical Scrappers site and start from there.

For my part of the blog hop, I created a layout using a sketch from Page Maps Calendar 2014, Farm House Paper, a bit of twine, and some My Mind's Eye papers.  Digging into my stash was a great idea - I've been hoarding several kits - thankfully, I have realized that its time to reorganize my scrappy space and create on a more regular basis.

Just before school was out for the summer and after my honey had been working 80+ hours a week - we headed up north to Prescott, AZ.  I really love going up there - 85 degrees versus our 105 degrees.


Every time we go on this hike, I take a photo of that sad, dead tree.  It was damaged in a lightning strike years ago and is still standing.

Want to win a bit of scrappy stash of your own?  
Become a follower and leave a comment.  
One lucky winner will be chosen next week Friday.  
I can only ship to scrappy pals who live in the United States.

Next stop on the hop is Wendy C 

Have a great day and enjoy the hop!





13 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

what a great page and love the colors!!! its always fun to take pics of the same thing every time you go!!!

jenessa said...

Great page! Love what you did with the twine. I just became a follower

gram cheryl said...

3I am a new follower and I am with you, having photos of dead trees. they are a stark contrast to all around them. Love your color match layout a few posts down as well.

Bobbi Smith said...

What a great page I love the distressing and the doodling!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

I love the layers you used here and the way you wrapped it up with twine....cool LO!

Sue D said...

Great layout of your trip.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Leslie Germain said...

Love this layout! The pop of yellow is amazing. I am really loving yellow lately! Love how you put everything together!!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome layout!, I have things I like to photograph all the time too :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great layout with a great story! Love the texture!

craftykellyj said...

What a FUN layout! That poor tree! It's stories like that little tree though that are so important to us! Love this layout.

Lee-Anne said...

Love your layout and the story of the tree.

Erin Morehouse said...

great page! The twine is neat,and I'm totally drawn into the yellows on your page and how they work with the photos.

Deborah Johnson said...

Thanks for all of the great comments - hope that you all enjoyed the Scrapping Our Stash hop - I will announce a winner and send out some scrappy-goodness tomorrow!